Friday 15 May 2015

Animated Sidekick Characters

The brief says that our character has to have either a prop, environment, or vehicle in one of our final boards. I had the idea of using the aniseed lollie that came in the bag of Pascall's Allsorts to inform the design of a sidekick character to my brand's "hero" licorice character instead of my character having a prop or vehicle. I asked James if this was ok and he said that he was happy with me doing it.

Sidekick Characters Precedents:

Flounder - Disney's 'The Little Mermaid"
Pascal - Disney's 'Tangled'
Flit and Meeko - Disney's 'Pocahontas'
Abu and Magic Carpet - Disney's 'Aladdin'
Lumiere, Mrs Potts, and Cogsworth - Disney's 'The Beauty and The Beast'
Tinkerbell - Disney's 'Peter Pan'
Timon and Pumba - Disney's 'The Lion King'
Cri-kee and Mushu - Disney's 'Mulan'
Hal the Cockroach - Disney Pixar's 'WALL-E'
Belt - Dreamworks Animation's 'The Croods'

No comments:

Post a Comment