Friday 8 May 2015

Week 3 Critique

We started off the lesson going around each others work and leaving comments about what we thought the illustration was trying to portray. I showed the class my female character design. A few people commented 'sweet' and 'candy' which was spot on and one person commented 'fizzy' which was an understandable conclusion when looking at the design; but I also got some comment's saying 'bikini' and 'skin product' which was not along the right line. I think people came to this conclusion because the character is a human and because she wasn't clothed (as I hadn't started working on ideas for costume yet).

Then our table group had a critique with Matt. They all thought that my female character design might have racial undertones that I would have to be careful with and that I needed to explore different styles. When I showed them the other designs I had been working on they all loved the little licorice shape characters and thought that they were a better idea than my female character. Matt said that he thought I should focus on those and maybe change brand if I thought they didn't fit with the brand I was working with.

Therefore I have decided to change to Pascall's Allsorts and develop my little liquorice guys further.

No comments:

Post a Comment