Friday 29 May 2015

Rationale

My mascot for Pascall’s Allsorts is a cute, fun little creature designed for a young target audience. His bright colours both entice children and reflect the different colours of allsorts that come in a bag of Pascall’s Allsorts (pink, orange, yellow, and white). He is cubic and his body has layers/sections to emulate an actual allsort. His arms and legs are curved little blobs that look as though they have been pulled and stretched out of the lollie substance his body is made of. This helps soften him and keep him fascinating to the target audience. His ears and tail were inspired by a number of animals; including fennec foxes, lions, and chinchillas, but he is not supposed to be a recognisable animal. These extra limbs help him express his emotions. I made his face very simple in keeping with the minimalistic style of the rest of him. The ‘hair’ on his head and tail is a visual link to the black licorice twists that also come in a bag of Allsorts. I created a side-kick character for this main character to portray the last lollie that comes in a bag of Pascall’s Allsorts - the aniseed ball that is covered in pink and blue hundreds-and-thousands. Unlike the licorice twist, I didn’t include this lollie in my main design as it isn’t licorice. As Pascall’s Allsorts are marketed as being lollies to have at parties and fun events, I gave my characters props such as a ballon, party hats, and a party tooter to reflect this. This is also the reason why I only showed him expressing positive emotions. I produced my character in Adobe Illustrator as I felt that a vector style would best link to the product and brand values; and also appeal to the target audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment